Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why Moms Wear High Waisted Jeans

Dear Trader Joe's,
   I love you for many reasons. I love that your prices on milk and eggs are lower than any other store around. I love that I can get out with three bags of groceries for under $80 most weeks. Your whole wheat pastas taste amazing, and your selection of organic produce astounds me. Also this: I. LOVE. CHEESE. You do too. I can tell because of there are, like, 10 different kinds of sharp white cheddar alone. But lately I have been increasingly frustrated by our relationship. This is because all the stuff I want is on the bottom shelf.

   You see, I just had my second child and I am currently somewhere in between maternity jeans and regular jeans. I have settled on a pair of "natural waist" long and leans from the Gap, but they don't fit as well as I would like. Also, I am carrying this new baby in a sling, so I cannot bend over. Instead, in order to reach the cinnamon apple sauce, I must squat and flash the whole store my white, white rear. Same with the organic juice boxes, the red wine I like, and the organic tomato basil pasta sauce. By the time I get to the check-out lane everyone in the store knows me better than they ought to.
 
  The way I see it, I have two choices. I can either *gulp* buy a pair of high waisted, "mom jeans," or I can shop at a different store. You see, at other stores there is more selection, so I have my pick of items on the middle or upper shelves. I don't want to do it...but shopping somewhere else is more likely to win out. Unless of course you want to put all the stuff I want on higher shelves...

               Cheers,
                   Jen